The marine sector includes off-shore applications (out at sea, at a distance from dry land). It is a multi-faceted market, ranging from the shipping sector, for transporting people (cruise liners, yachts and megayachts) or goods to fishing craft and other related vessels (trawlers and tugs), through to exploration and drilling vessels and those which lay materials on the seabed (pipeline-laying vessels, off-shore drilling rigs, cable-laying vessels, etc.). The often unfavourable weather conditions in which these applications operate - rain, damp, presence of salt, heat and ice - mean that metals oxidise fast, causing the brake to malfunction.
The COREMO OFFERING comprises:
- Oil and spring-applied hydraulic brakes with tangential force up to 300,000 N to deal with the heavy loads and high forces normally required.
- Air- and spring-applied pneumatic caliper brakes
- Selected range of hydraulic power packs for brake supply and control.
- Hat discs (made of ductile iron or gray cast iron) or flat discs (made of steel) and a wide range of drive couplings.
- Anti-corrosion surface treatments such as coatings, treatments and the use of special materials.
- Use of special steels resistant down to temperatures of - 40 °C.
- Technical support or customers, who often need special assistance during the development of individual designs, in order to meet specific requirements.